Thursday, November 3, 2011

Today feels like the first day of my training. I went alone and was able to go at my own pace without worrying about Zaine's pace. It appears as if my running pace did not improve but my walking pace was significantly faster. Prior to today, I had been walking around the loop of my neighborhood twice with the halfway point being my house. This was a much-too-tempting excuse to stop. Today I mapped out a longer course down through my whole neighborhood and up on the main road. It worked out pretty well because I had no way to stop at the half-way point - I was almost a mile away from home! Again with the hills though... ugh. They kick my butt. I really believe I could have sailed through Week 1 if I was running on a flat terrain.

I ran about 1/2 of the 1 minute runs. I just couldn't do all of them, especially not going uphill. I know this training program works, but I can't kill myself or hurt myself trying to follow it against my body's wishes. That would do me no good at all. Instead, I ran when I felt I could and pushed myself enough to feel like I was appropriately challenged. And I was... big time.

My lower legs started to hurt about half way through the walk. It was like a very tired, sore muscle feeling instead of any sharp pain. This spread up to my upper legs and by the cool down, I was rubbery. I'm not sure if that is a strength thing or a better shoe thing or what. I'll have to see if it repeats next time.

More than anything, I am so proud of myself for going out today. I put it off all day because both the kids came home sick from school with fevers and I was busy attending to them. When 6pm rolled around, I felt like it would be so easy to skip it today. But I didn't!! So yay me!

Here's my stats:
I walked 1.82 miles in 30 minutes.
Walk Pace - 17.21/mile
Run Pace - 16.04/mile

I sent out some emails about treadmills on Craigslist so maybe I will get one this week. I really want one that uses iFit Live so I can Google map the Princess 1/2 course in and I'll be training the exact course of the race. How cool is that?

I am not going to run again until Saturday so I'll try to do some kettlebell exercises tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment