Monday, March 10, 2014

Come view my seizure-inducing grammar rant!

I'm enjoying the Princess Half recaps filtering in (list posted here), but if there's one thing I could share with people who want to blog about ANYTHING, it would be this:


How do people make it out of high school without knowing this?  I think this is honestly one of my biggest pet peeves in life.  (Which means my life is pretty damn good so I should probably just let it go...). 


All my grammar flouncing is basically a filler post since I have been swamped and not riding the bike.  I also didn't get in a long run (supposed to be 6 miles) this weekend.  I'm going to try to get that done today.  Part of my issue is that World Balloon Convention is in two weeks and I have SO MUCH to do to get ready!  Add that to Chemistry and trying to get ready for my midterm test before I go and UGH.  Life is just getting in the way and I am not making extra time to do extra things.

What do you do when life gets in the way?  Does the then/than issue make you want to get stabby?!?

4 comments:

  1. I was lucky to have parents that would ALWAYS correct my grammer growing up, and now I do the same thing to my kids. I have a ton of peeves, but my two biggest are comma use and the entire generation of kids using a new "non language" to such an extent that they can not sit down and write/type one single proper paragraph, letter, etc. Sorry, this is your rant... I'll sit quietly over here and remind you that your racing is supposed to be for you... stress relief, good for your health, a fun challenge. It is not supposed to cause you stress. Maybe this is not the year to do a 70.3. Maybe adding that to next year's schedule and training for some smaller events (even international tris or half marathons) will get a you on a regular training schedule. After that, adding additional miles will be an easier step. The last thing you want to do is make it a chore and stop training all together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh crap, I hope it wasn't me (but I'm way too lazy to go check LOL). My grammar thing is the proper use of to/too, its/it's and your/you're etc. I get furious when I see a super funny meme that has bad grammar. I refuse to circulate it even if it is otherwise hilarious. And I have this bizarre issue with poisonous (you bite it, you die)/venomous (it bites you, you die). I can be sloppy with then/than though, not out of ignorance, just sloppiness sometimes. I've gotten bad about posting on my blog without going back and proofreading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO, no, no April! Your blog is awesome! It was just a couple of blogs plus some random FB postings and I got a little grammarcranky. :P

      Delete
    2. Whew! My high school English teachers would be so disappointed in me! :)

      Delete