Sunday, March 2, 2014

I was consistent for ONE WEEK! (That's a bigger deal than it seems, people!)


I was supposed to do 5 miles yesterday for my "long run" as I start over with this serious and consistent training plan.  I didn't.  Instead, I got up at 6:30am, ate a bunch of leftover sushi from the fridge, and went back to bed until 10am.  After that, we had a bar mitzvah to decorate and that took most of the remainder of the day.  By the time we got home at 7pm, I was toast and kicking myself for being such a lazy whore earlier in the morning.

Today, I once again got up early, ate something, and went back to bed. ::frownie face:: In my defense, the kids are at my ex's this weekend and I just don't get the opportunity to got back to bed, like... EVER.  We had an Oscars event this afternoon but I had time most of the day to run.  And just didn't. 

But, this story has a happy ending!  As I sat on the couch at 5pm, eating saltines and feeling pretty annoyed with myself, I actually got up and went toward the treadmill.  And I got on it and did intervals for 2.5 miles and then walked faster than my run for negative splits on the other 2.5 miles.

So HOORAY!  I am SO not good at motivating myself, but I can now say I am one week into a serious training program.  Tomorrow, I add swimming!  (Hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment