Friday, November 11, 2011

And again in the same day...

I was so excited about my shoes that I posted that and forgot I had a run to do today. I took the new shoes out for a spin and they are comfy. My calves seemed to get more tired than my old beat up tennis shoes though... which I thought was kinda weird. Anyway, my walk pace continues to be slow but my run pace continues to improve. I swear, I am trying to walk faster and run slower, but this is what I get:

I walked 1.81 miles in 31 minutes
Walk Pace - 18.15/mile
Run Pace - 13.37/mile

The hunt is on for a treadmill in earnest. It's getting chilly outside and the hills are discouraging me. Just running on the treadmill at the hotel made me feel like I was accomplishing something HUGE since I could do all the runs. I'm sorry, but this chubby gal just can't haul her booty up hills with anything resembling speed or grace. I know I will get better at it and I am really not trying to be hard on myself, I just thought it would be getting easier by now.

I did look down at my bracelet several times during my run and it was inspiring. I have decided to do a charm every other week and stretch it out to include my 1/2 marathon training. I downloaded Hal Higdon's 13.1 app for my iPhone. I chose it because it's the same developer as the C25K and I like the interface. So, funny enough, I calculated through the end of C25K and then the 12 weeks of HH 13.1 and it ends on April 1st. HH 13.1 wants you to pick a race day and then it plans the 12 weeks before it (down to the day). So I started looking for a 1/2 marathon in Raleigh around the first part of April and - whadaya know? There is a cool one on the very date I was to end training - April 1st. It's the Raleigh Rocks Half Marathon and 5K, so I guess this will be my first 1/2 marathon. I was sorta thinking the Princess 1/2 would be my first, but I don't want to go down there and be worried about finishing or be unfamiliar with how races work, etc. I want to be fast enough to stop and take pictures with the characters without worrying about getting swept. Soooooooooooo, Raleigh Rocks, here I come. I need to find a 5K before then and it would be nice to find a 10K too, but 10Ks are harder to find around here, it seems. Zaine is all about running with me at Raleigh Rocks, so we are both exciting to have a nice goal in the not-so-distant future. It's a mini-goal really... I'll never lose sight of the Princess 1/2, which is my ultimate goal. I wish Zaine could run with me in that one, but you have to be 14 years old.

I am going to run again tomorrow, and now that I have a goal in site that requires progress every week or I'll get behind, I really need to up my game. Plus, I just bought an $18 headband... I need to sweat it up so I get my money's worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment