Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I didn't want to do it today!

I was wondering if today was the day that I was going to start to slide... start to quit. I really, really thought about it. I mean, who am I to think I can do this? I am out of shape and 41. Who takes up running at this age? How gross do I look huffing and puffing along the road? And really, isn't it easier to NOT do anything?

But I did W2D2 and I felt great about it. I don't know what made me decide to go for it, but I'm so glad I did. I ran on my treadmill and it works very well. I was able to maintain a good pace though and see the pace as I ran, which I don't get when I run outside.

Today, I:
Walked 1.85 miles in 30 minutes
Walk Pace - 18.10/mile
Run Pace - 15.00/mile

Again, a snidge faster than yesterday. The 15/mile run was easy to maintain and I did most of the runs to the full time of 90 seconds. I did do two of them to 1 minute though. I don't really have wiggle room to repeat weeks now if I am going to do Raleigh Rocks in April, so I need to push myself harder. The thing is, I know I CAN... I'm just not used to pushing myself to do anything, let alone physical activity.

I need to keep motivated and keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment