Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Not quite the day I'd planned....

Today did not go as planned and Zaine and I didn't end up starting our run until 6pm. What I discovered from this timing is that we were both worn out before even starting. In fact, we did not complete W1D2. We only went for about 20 minutes and did about 1/2 of the 9 run minutes. The hills, which I didn't mind when casually walking, and started to notice upon brisking it up, are now MOUNTAINS that require hiking boots and a sherpa. Seriously, they get steeper every single day. Tomorrow it will just be a paved wall going straight into the air.

So, I'm whiny. And the worst part is that I think I could have stayed moving for 10 more minutes to complete the day, but Zaine was literally hanging on me and saying she couldn't go any further. So I didn't fight it too hard and called it a day. I will go out tomorrow and repeat W1D2 alone while she's in school.

There is good news! Even with walking through a number of the runs, my speed increased.

We were able to walk 1.8 miles in 20 minutes.
Walk Pace - 19.22/mile
Run Pace - 15.46/mile

At one point before I started walking through the runs, my run pace was 10 something. That is way too fast for this point in my training, but I think the runs were timed with the downside of the hills so I was moving a bit faster.

I'm already thinking we will repeat Week 1 next week. I am traveling for work, but hopefully can sneak in a run/walk on Wednesday. I'll have to hope the hotel has a work-out room with a treadmill. Speaking of treadmills, my sweet, sweet Pontiac Aztek is running again so I can go get a treadmill. Now I need to find one. I'm thinking Craigslist is going to be my best option. I don't want to spend $1000 (or really even $500) and there has to be someone who wants to unload a nice one.

So today was not an epic fail, but I am unhappy with not finishing. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment