Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I bought a bike!! It just got real up in here!

I've been looking on eBay & Craigslist for bikes and I finally went to look at one I liked today.  It is a nice, if a bit older, bike.  What I like about it is that it has upgraded components and is all carbon.  According to my research, this is awesome!  It's also a limited edition Ironman model, which I thought was cool since a half Ironman is my next goal.

But to get though this first triathlon will be enough of a challenge!

You see, I can tear up a stationary bike at the gym, but riding a real bike is more than a bit different.  I did a test ride wearing flip flops (my bad for not remembering to put on real shoes), and the pedals were some super tiny clipless jobbies so it was hard to feel stable.  The bike fits well, but that seat... Lordy, that may be the first thing I switch out.  NOT COMFORTABLE.  I need to head to the bike shop to get a helmet and some regular pedals.  I think I'll start with those instead of buying shoes and pedals since I am really just learning to ride the darn thing.  I have heard the expression, "It's just like riding a bike..."  and... it's really NOT.

Here's a pic of the new ride:




So, that''s my new bike.  I am terrified of look forward to learning to ride it.



No comments:

Post a Comment