Monday, January 30, 2012



I did my long run of 6.2 miles (or 10k) yesterday. I have been on Week 5, Day 1 of C25K for to weeks and I haven't really been pushing to bust through it. I have been more working on speed. I don't know if it's a mental block keeping me from running the distance or what. I've seen people on TV shows who start running and are able to do it - and they seem heavier and in worse shape than I am... so it must be mental. In any event, I am loosely following C25K for the first 30 minutes of the run and then walking faster for the rest. I have been doing 3 miles on Mondays and Fridays, and 5 miles Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, with a long run on Sunday. Next Sunday, I will do 7 miles.


My pace is getting faster, which is good because I want to be fast enough not to get swept at the Princess Half. I am considering a Half Marathon in May for my first Half - the Run Like A Diva race in Myrtle Beach. I just have to get my brain on board.


I also have been strictly treadmill, but I hope to start going outside more in the coming weeks. The weather has been nice, but I don't want to go by myself, so I think I will see if Zaine will run with my after school. Since she gets out at 4pm and it starts getting dark at 5ish, we have a tough time if we don't start right when we get home. And do you know how hard it is to make a 9 year old child HURRY? We are going to try it today and hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment