Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! 4 miles today!

My mother says what you do on New Year's Day is what you'll be doing all year long and I am the superstitious type so you know I had to get in a run today. Hal Higdon 1/2 Marathon training calls for a long run on Sunday so I decided to go for his Week 1 suggestion - 4 miles.

I basically did Week 4, Day 1 of C25K TWICE (minus the 6 minutes - it still eludes me) and it took me 1 hr and 10 minutes at a pace of 17:42/mi. My plan right now is to follow Hal for distance and on/off days and follow C25K for intervals (repeating until I get the times down). This way I don't get too stuck in a C25K week (which has definitely been happening!)

I didn't get too bored being on the treadmill for more than an hour, but I was ready to get off of it when it rolled around to the 4 miles mark. I can see how running for longer distances would be better suited for outdoors. Still, I hung in there for more than an hour so this was a WINNING day for me! Definitely a great way to start the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment