Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Back in the saddle again...

I didn't want to be one of those people that quit C25K in Week 5, but that is exactly what I turned out to be. After a few weeks of Week 5, I finally just got angry. WHY as I not able to push past this? I see people running everyday - like RUNNING the whole time. And I can't run 6 minutes after weeks and weeks of training. I also got frustrated with my weight loss. I was barely losing anything and I was restricting my calories to 1250 a day. That didn't make sense either. In my anger and frustration, I took a week off and ate whatever I wanted. I didn't gain a thing. Then I entered week 2 of lazy-days and gained a pound. Whatever - better than dieting.

So after about 8 weeks of not running and not eating well, I've only gained 2 lbs, but lost all conditioning. I restarted Day 1, Week 1 yesterday and did Day 2 today. It was not as easy as I wanted it to be. I struggled on the minute runs, but hit most of them (which was better than when I did it the first time). Yay!

My son and daughter are running with me this time. I hope we all can keep on track together. Both have expressed interested in running since I first started and both have been out enough times to know what it takes.

I guess this is starting over then.

No comments:

Post a Comment