Friday, April 18, 2014

Some Forward Progress

Good news:  I have been running.  Just 3.1 every other day this week, but it is a start.  The busiest week of our busy season is pretty much past, so I can concentrate more on making the time to train.  I have been just squeezing it in when I found an hour, but I think I need a firm schedule or this house of cards is going down.

More good news:  With birthday money, I bought new shoes and some new tri shorts.  I had a one-piece suit, but I wanted just some shorts for another option.  They are nothing fancy - just black 2XU tri shorts.

Less than good news:  I haven't been swimming or biking and I have a Sprint Tri next Sunday.  I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally need to get on that this week.  I'd say it was the swimming that terrified me most, but I'm not so hot on the biking either.  I still need to get my bike in for a tune-up before then as well.  I am definitely having some DNS feelings about this race.  I think I can do it, but I will be dead last and that is never a good feeling.  I wonder if I don't commit and train like I should to give myself that mental "out" for being last or not even starting.  I don't know.  All I know is that I am trying to make changes and it's hard.  I feel like such an ALL OR NOTHING kind of person, where I am religious in my training or I just half-ass it and don't do what I'm supposed to.  Maybe I do need a coach to help motivate me?  I don't know... I don't know... I don't know... I need to figure out something though.

2 comments:

  1. Dead last is still better than DNS in my opinion. You're beating all of the people that stayed in bed or on their couch that morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm an all or nothing kind of person too! Moderation tends to not work well for me, so I know where you're coming from. I like to physically put specific workouts on my calendar for 3 months out or so. It helps me not skip workouts because if I skip then I get behind "THE SCHEDULE". Best wishes whether you DNS, DNF, Finish last or finish first. You should find joy in your training and racing (ok, most of the time) so do what brings you joy! :)

    ReplyDelete